OpenUp is currently looking for a talented Project Manager to join the team in a fixed-term, contract position. This job call is open-ended and the opportunity will close once we’ve found a suitable candidate.
- Carefully read through the job description below.
- Apply by sending an email with your CV and a brief cover letter of no more than 300 words to email@example.com. Please clearly indicate in the subject of the email the position you are applying to.
A fixed-term, part-time contract position. This role will work closely with organisational management, product owners, and project implementation teams. Please note that this is a senior position.
The position of project manager encompasses, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Manage technical and non-technical projects throughout their entire execution to ensure success in terms of scope, budget and timeline.
- Manage the day-to-day execution of projects using agile methodologies like scrum.
- Run project sprints, including daily standups, backlog management and retrospectives.
- Ensures consistency in project documentation and reporting
- Manages budgets, cash flow and expenditure against budgets.
- Identify risks and develop risk management plans in collaboration with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Monitor and report on project progress to stakeholders.
- Be an advocate for a good user experience.
- Preferably a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- At least 3 years experience of project management using agile methodologies. (preferably in a tech, programming, or data science field)
- Experience communicating at various levels.
- Proven track record of project delivery.
- Project management certification advantageous.
- Excellent computer skills (Google Drive and/or MS Office, project management tools, etc.)
- Strong communication skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Ability to self-manage.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Has their own laptop.
- Access to a stable internet connection that can handle video conferencing
- Experience managing technical (software) projects is an advantage.
- Experience working with open source projects is an advantage.
- Non-South Africans must have a valid work permit/visa.
Start date: Immediately.
Salary: In line with experience and market related.