OpenUp is currently looking for a talented Product Owner to join the team in a fixed-term, contract position.
This role will work closely with organisational management, project managers, and project implementation teams, in order to create a product that fits the organisation’s portfolio. Please note that this is a senior position.
The position of product owner encompasses, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Define product vision and strategy in line with the organisation’s strategy and goals.
- Define and manage product roadmaps, including development cycles and release management.
- Make evidence-based decisions regarding the direction of the product.
- Determine product specifications, requirements and features based on strategic input, user feedback and organisational needs for both existing and new products.
- Continuous monitoring of product performance and meeting of product goals.
- Continuous improvement of products, based on monitoring and user feedback.
- Work closely with the implementation team to realise the product requirements.
- Develop the scope and define a backlog of items (epic/features/user stories) that guide a project team’s implementation, solving product-related problems.
- Lead product planning sessions.
- Manage the product backlog in terms of prioritisation and grooming.
- Assesses the value, develops cases, and prioritizes stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with a maximum value that are aligned with the product strategy.
- Identifies and helps the client understand the business model, value and value proposition of the product.
- Develop metrics to assess the success of products and their features
- Demonstrates a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (preferably in a tech, programming, or data science field)
- At least 5 years experience as a senior staff member (manager, team leader etc.)
- Experience communicating at various levels.
- Proven track record in research.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent computer skills (Google Drive and/or MS Office, project management tools, etc.)
- Strong communication skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Ability to self-manage.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Has their own laptop.
- Access to a stable internet connection that can handle video conferencing
- Non-South Africans must have a valid work permit.
Start date: Immediately.
Salary: In line with experience and market related.
- Carefully read through the job description below.
- Apply by sending an email with your CV and a brief cover letter of no more than 300 words to email@example.com. Please clearly indicate in the subject of the email the position you are applying to.